The new castle in Rasinja was built by the Baron family Inkey at the site of an old curia and commercial buildings of the Old Town of Rasinja, which was the residence of the nobility until the construction of the new castle.
Among the one-storey farm buildings built probably in the early 19th century, one was used as a residence of the nobility. From 1959 to 1994, the larger building housed a primary school, and a smaller castle building housed a local bureau and a health centre.
On a surface of ten hectares, there was once a mansion in Rasinja. It was a complex of castles, yards, farm buildings with a garden and a parish church with a manor cemetery. For almost two centuries Rasinja was in the possession of the Inkey de Pallin noble family.